Environmental Health Division
110 Fifth Street Suite 400 Salem, NJ 08079
Phone: 856-935-7510, Ext. 8448
IMPORTANT! Until further notice, please send all faxes to 856-339-4190
Essential Services Include:
- Investigate and diagnose environmental health hazards which may affect the community
- Enforce laws and regulations that protect health and ensure safety
- Inform, educate, and empower people about health issues.
Information for the Public
- Thinking about building a house in Salem County? Please read our informational Brochure!
- To request information from this department, please fill out the attached records request form and send it back to this department.
- You may also check the NJDEP website for site specific records by visiting https://www.nj.gov/dep/opra..
- Updated Environmental Fee Schedule, revised 1-2-2013
- Did you know that free roaming and feral cats pose a high risk for rabies exposure to your family and pets? Check out the links below for information about how to safely care for free roaming and feral cats:
Lead in Drinking Water
- Lead in drinking water fact sheet
- Lead in drinking water at schools and child care facilities
- NJDEP—Division of water supply and Geoscience –LEAD
Bed Bugs Resources
- Flood Clean Up and The Air In Your Home
- Indoor Environmental Remediation Firms – NJDHSS
- Mold Remediation in Schools and Commercial Buildings
- Mold, Moisture and Your Home
- Lesa Grant, Registered Environmental Health Specialist
- Shannon Gandy, Registered Environmental Health Specialist
- Robert Howell, Senior Environmental Health Specialist
- Carolyn Shoemaker, Environmental Division Administrative Secretary
- Regina Traini, Environmental Division Keyboard Clerk 3
- Andy Estrella, Registered Environmental Health Specialist
- Danielle McKelvey, Registered Environmental Health Specialist
- Emily Simons, Registered Environmental Health Specialist
- Tabitha Dilks, Registered Environmental Health Specialist