Environmental Health Division
The mission of the Salem County Food Safety Council is to assist in providing a safe environment in Salem County for citizens when eating at retail food establishments and to inform and educate the public on the importance of food safety through awareness and education initiatives.
Salem County will have a clean, safe and disease free environment so our citizens can enjoy comfort and general well being in their daily lives.
The newly formed Salem County Food Safety Council presents the opportunity for the member establishments to assist in providing a safe environment in Salem County for citizens when eating at retail food establishments and to inform and educate the public on the importance of food safety through awareness and education initiatives. The sharing of information and developing a partnership between the county health department and food establishments is a priority for the Food Safety Council.
TOPICS OF DISCUSSION
- Food Safety related topics the Food Safety Council has identified as a important point of discussion.
- HACCP Plans – FDA Retail & Food Service HACCP
- FDA Oral Culture Poster Announcement– Posters are available in Multiple Languages!
SOCIAL MEDIA SITES
FOOD SAFETY WEBSITES
- New Jersey Department of Health-Food and Drug Safety Program
- USDA Food Safety Page
- FDA Food Site
- Centers for Disease Control – Food Safety Page
- Partnership for Food Safety Education
- World Health Organization – Food Safety Page
- National Registry of Food Safety Professionals
- Educational Foundation NRA (ServSafe)
- Thompson Prometric
- Vineland City Health Department – Food Safety Program Page
[wpfilebase tag=list id=’36’ tpl=unordered-list ]
FOOD SAFETY COUNCIL MEMBERS
County Health Department representatives and local food establishments sit on the council as members. Current members (2014) are:
- Scott Edmonds –Dodges Market
- Donna Gagliardi – Inspira Elmer Hospital
- Briana Valente – Firm Foundations
- Caroline Friel – Wawa, Inc.
- Jeffrey Kaplowitz – Daytop Village
- Rena Exadaktilos – Point 40 Diner
- Nick Vaccaro – Aramark Manager in Hancocks Bridge
- Keith Varcoe – Aramark in Salem County Correctional Facility
- Nancy Bond – Bondie’s Daughter
- Jeff Lapp – Lapps Dutch Market
- Steve Martin – Creek Side Inn
- Kim Patchell – Java Dog
- Debbie Gralley – Salem City School District (Food Service)
- Colleen Green – Pennsgrove/Carneys Point School District (Food Service)
- John H. Smith – Gloucester County College
- Glen Donaldson & Derek Gatling – MidAtlantic States Career & Education Center
- Chris Merkel – Salem County Health Department
- AnnMarie Ruiz – Salem County Health Department