Environmental Health Division
- Inspections focus on the control of diseases that can be passed from animals to humans.
- Regulations for the Sanitary Operations of Kennels, Pet Shops, Shelters and Pounds are used to determine safe and sanitary housing and handling of animals.
- To control the spread of Rabies, follow-up of reported animal bites is done. Quarantine notices and health information is provided to the owners & bite victims.
- Supplies are provided to each Municipality for their annual Rabies Clinic.
- Inspectors responds to complaints of dead / ill birds for West Nile Virus Surveillance.
2019 Schedule for FREE Rabies Clinics
The Salem County Department of Health coordinates a series of State and Municipal sponsored rabies vaccination clinics for pets each year.
- Clinics are free to all New Jersey residents; however you must obtain pets licenses from the township in which you reside.
- Healthy cats and dogs are welcome but must be accompanied by an adult.
- Dogs must be restrained on a leash and cats must be in cat carriers.
- Dates and times are subject to change or cancellation without notice.
- Dates and times may be confirmed by calling the municipality holding the clinic.
- Note: All clinics are on Saturdays.
- Download a pdf copy of the schedule here.
|Alloway||January 19, 2019||Alloway Twp. Road Garage
84 Camp Edge Rd.
Alloway, NJ 08001
|Carney’s Point||March 9, 2019||Carneys Point Fire Hall
258 D St.
|Elmer||November 2, 2019||Elmer Fire Hall
110 Penn St.
Elmer, NJ 08318
|January 26, 2019||Elsinboro Fire Hall
35 Delaware Ave.
Elsinboro, NJ 08079
|Lower Alloways Creek||February 2, 2019||LAC Public Works Garage
8 Hammersville-Pecks Corner Rd.
Lower Alloways Creek, NJ 08079
|April 6, 2019||Mannington Twp. Public Works
Garage 9; Tide Mill Rd.
Mannington, NJ 08079
|Oldmans||February 2, 2019||Oldmans Twp. Municipal Garage
40 Freed Rd.
Pedricktown, NJ 08067
|Penns Grove||April 13, 2019||Penns Grove Public Works Bldg
39 East Harmony Street
Penns Grove NJ 08069
|8- 10 am|
|February 9, 2019||Pennsville Fire House
First Street & S. Broadway
Pennsville, NJ 08070
|12 – 2:30 pm|
|January 26, 2019||Pilesgrove Twp Public Works Bldg.
1180 Rt. 40
Pilesgrove, NJ 08098
|8 -10 am|
|February 2, 2019
February 23, 2019
|Pittsgrove Twp. Public Works
Garage 1004, Centerton Rd.
Pittsgrove, NJ 08318
|10 am – 2 pm
|February 2, 2019||Quinton Twp. Fire House
42 Main St.
Quinton, NJ 08072
|January 19, 2019||City of Salem Road Dept
515 Grieves Pkwy.
Salem, NJ 08079
|9 am -12 pm|
|February 16, 2019||Upper Pittsgrove Municipal Garage 550
Upper Pittsgrove, NJ 08318
|10 am -12 pm|
|January 19, 2019||Borough Hall
25 West Ave.
Woodstown, NJ 08098
Downloads & Links
- Informational Brochure about Rabies
- Salem County Rabies Exposure Report
- New Jersey Communicable Disease website
- NJ Communicable Disease Service Infectious & Zoonotic Disease Program – NJAC 823a
- Request for Rabies Examination Form
- The NJDOH Free-Roaming and Feral Cats Page
- The AVMA Free-Roaming, Abandoned and Feral Cats Page