Solid Waste Control
- Inspections are performed at solid waste facilities including landfills, convenience centers, recycling centers, compost facilities and farmland mulch sites to determine compliance with the Solid Waste Management Act.
- Recycling surveys are done at schools and businesses in order to educate facilities on recycling regulations.
- Investigation of citizen complaints concerning solid waste issues and illegal dumping is done.
- Trucks hauling solid waste are checked to ensure that they are registered and disposing of waste properly.
- Enforcement is done through penalty assessment and court actions.
Guidelines for Proper Disposal of Household Waste
NJDEP Solid and Hazardous Waste Management Program