LEARN THE FACTS ABOUT CORONAVIRUS COVID-19
Live help on COVID-19 information is available. Speak to as healthcare professional at 1-800-222-1222 or 1-800-962-1253. For general information, testing & basic needs, dial 211 or text your zip code to 898-211. For alerts/updates, text NJCOVID to 898-211
♦ For more information on COVID-19 please visit https://covid19.nj.gov.
♦ NJDOH COVID-19 Weekly Activity Level- https://www.nj.gov/health/cd/statistics/covid.
Information on where Salem County residents can receive a COVID-19 test can be found below. Please note, appointments are required at Rite Aid, Walgreens, and Optum Urgent Care locations.
- Rite Aid (ages 4+)
- Walgreens (ages 3+)
- Optum Urgent Care
- COVID-19 Test Kits provided by the Federal Government. Please visit www.covidtests.gov for free at-home COVID-19 Tests. If you do not have access to a computer, please call the hotline at 1-800-232-0233.
- Free Home COVID-19 Test Kits are available for pick up at The Salem County Department of Health and Human Services. Please call 856-935-7510 ext. 8488 or 8482 for more information.
110 5th Street, Salem, NJ 08079
Monday – Friday 8:30am-4:30pm
COVID-19 Treatment Options
Visit the NJ COVID-19 Information Hub or NJDOH for information on COVID-19 Treatment Options.
COVID-19 Vaccine Information
Salem County’s COVlD-19 Vaccination Locations
- Every 2nd Saturday of the Month
- Hours: 9am-1pm
- Location: Inspira Elmer (Wound Care Center) 501 Front St. Elmer, NJ 08318
- Vaccine Offered: Pfizer (ages 5+)
- Schedule An Appointment ⇒
Salem County Department of Health
- Moderna (ages 6+)
- Every Tuesday 10am-11am: Location: 110 5th Street, Salem, NJ 08079
- Vaccine Offered to ages 6+
- For residents 65+ WITH internet access: For the fastest response please email:
- For residents 65+ WITHOUT internet access: Please call 856-935-7510 ext. 8406.
- Schedule An Appointment ⇒
Southern Jersey Family Medical Centers
To schedule an appointment please visit: www.sjfmc.org
To schedule an appointment please visit: www.walmart.com/cp/1228302
To schedule an appointment please visit: https://www.riteaid.com/pharmacy/covid-qualifier
To schedule an appointment please visit: https://www.acmemarkets.com/vaccinations/home
Executive Orders from the Office of Governor Murphy
Materials and Resources
Mental Health and Coping During COVID-19
Substance Abuse Resources
Recovery Meetings Online
- AA Big Book Step Study – https://bbstepstudy.org
- Narcotics Anonymous – https://www.na.org/meetingsearch
- United Recovery – https://unityrecovery.org/digital-recovery-meetings
- Recorded 12 Step Speakers – https://www.xa-speakers.org
Substance Abuse Hotlines
- NJ Peer Recovery (Peer support line available 7 days a week) – 833-422-2765 – https://www.njpn.org/peer-recovery-support
- Substance Abuse Treatment (24/7 Access to treatment for a drug or alcohol problem) – 844-276-2777
Mental Health Resources
- NJ Mental Health Cares – 866-202-HELP (4357)
View video in English – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvcncw9eZJcView video in Spanish – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lyVsf0mI2g
- SAMHSA’s Disaster Distress Helpline – Call 800-985-5990 or text TalkWithUs to 66746 for 24/7, 365-day-a-year crisis counseling
- Youth Crisis Hotline -Youth ages 10 to 24 can call or text 888-222-2228 to discuss any crisis confidentially.
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Available 24 hours. Languages: English, Spanish – 800-273-8255
- Veteran’s Crisis Line -talk, online chat, or text 800-273-TALK or visit www.veteranscrisisline.net
For more information on COVID-19 please visit The New Jersey Department of Health’s and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s COVID-19 websites.