Salem Medical Center and the Salem County Department of Health are pleased to announce the availability of “drive-up” testing on site in back of the medical center, 310 Woodstown Rd., Salem, beginning, Thursday, Dec. 3.
“Together with the Salem County Department of Health & Human Services, we’re pleased to bring Covid-19 testing to our campus, providing an important resource for our community, particularly during these difficult times,” said Dr. Tammy Torres, Chief Executive Officer, SMC.
According to June Sieber, Director, SC Health & Human Services, the need for testing resources couldn’t be greater than now. “Our community is experiencing a surge in Covid-19 infections. Our joint efforts to add the hospital as an additional testing location in the county is critical right now.”
SMC will offer Covid Molecular PCR testing six days a week
- Monday Tuesday, Thursday, Friday from 8a -3p (no testing on Wednesday)
- Saturday & Sunday from 8a – 12 noon
- A physician’s script is required for the test.
- Testing will be conducted via “drive through” in the back of the hospital under an awning (previous site for Wound Care Center and old ER). Campus signage will direct traffic flow.
Testing process is outlined below:
- A physician’s script for a Covid-19 test is required. If a patient does not have one, registration staff will obtain one
- Patients will be required to provide health insurance information at the time of registration
- Patient must call SMC Registration at 856-469-8555 to receive an appointment time
- Patient must have an appointment time for testing
- Campus signage will direct drivers to Covid-19 testing entrance/exit
- Patient will drive to SMC campus and nurse will collect specimen
- SMC Laboratory will send all results to the Department of Health who will conduct follow up with all positive results.
“We are excited to be working with the Salem County Department of Health to be bringing this needed resource to our community,” said Dr. Torres.
To schedule for a testing appointment, call 856-469-8555.