Wilmington VA Medical Center expanded its COVID-19 vaccination eligibility requirements to include Veterans enrolled in VA health care who are aged 55 years and older. Eligibility Requirements During this initial phase of limited supply, our facilities are offering vaccinations to the following categories of Veterans receiving care through Wilmington VA Medical Center or one of our clinics in Delaware and southern New Jersey:
- Veteran must be enrolled in VA health care at Wilmington VAMC or one of its five Community Based Outpatient Clinics in Delaware or southern New Jersey, AND
- Veteran must be 55 years or older, OR
- Enrolled Veteran has underlying health conditions that puts him or her at higher risk. Veteran should speak with his or her primary care team.
Scheduling Appointments by Phone or Health Chat Eligible Veterans can now call 302-633-5200 to schedule COVID-19 vaccine appointments. Over-the-phone scheduling is available Monday – Friday from 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Due to high-call volume, we ask that Veterans call back between the scheduled times if they are unable to get through on initial attempts. Veterans who have signed up for VA Health Chat, can use the application to schedule COVID-19 vaccine appointments. Walk-in Availability at the Medical Center Campus in Wilmington Wilmington VA Medical Center will be holding COVID-19 vaccination clinics for eligible Veterans (meeting the eligibility requirements above) at the main medical center location in Wilmington on Thursdays and Fridays in March. Eligible Veterans are encouraged to schedule appointments, but there will be limited availability for unscheduled walk-in vaccinations.
- Dates/Time: March 11, 12, 18, 19, 25 & 26 Walk-ins are available: 12:30 – 1:30 p.m.
- Location: Wilmington VA Medical Center (Ground Floor/Auditorium Entrance),
1601 Kirkwood Hwy, Wilmington, DE 19805 Veterans who receive the vaccination, need to be committed to returning to the medical center 21 days later to receive their second dose of the vaccination. If you are an eligible Veteran and cannot get a walk-in vaccination, we schedule you for a future vaccination appointment (sometimes as soon as the next day). Additional Information For more information on the Wilmington VA Medical Center COVID-19 vaccine program, eligibility and enrollment questions and frequently asked questions, visit our webpage.