Salem County Department of Health & Human Services
Prevent. Promote. Protect.
We are dedicated to the promotion and protection of the public’s health through prevention, education & partnership within the community of Salem County.
We will continually enhance and adapt our services to the needs of the community resulting in a healthy, accountable population that recognizes the Health Department as a valuable resource. The 10 essential public health services.
- Monitor health status to identify community health problems and community resources
- Diagnose and investigate health problems and health hazards in the community
- Inform, educate, and empower people about health issues
- Mobilize community partnerships to identify and solve health problems
- Develop policies and plans that support individual and community health efforts
- Enforce laws and regulations that protect health and ensure safety
- Link people to needed personal health services and assure the provision of health care when otherwise unavailable
- Assure a competent public health and personal health care workforce
- Evaluate effectiveness, accessibility, and quality of personal and population-based health services
- Research for new insights and innovative solutions to health problems
FIND US AT: 110 Fifth Street, Suite 400, Salem, NJ 08079